All manuscripts intended for publication in the GIS Odyssey Journal:
- should be prepared in accordance with the template
- should conform to the following guidelines:
- The language of the journal is English (British or American English may be used, but consistency has to be maintained in the manuscript).
- The submission file should be in Microsoft Word, OpenOffice, or RTF document file format.
- File size cannot exceed 2MB.
- The manuscript should include Title; List of Authors (the title page should include Footnotes, in which the authors' affiliation should be given together with their e-mail address and ORCID number); Abstract (maximum 20 lines, should contain a concise description of the contents and the main results of the manuscript); Keywords (up to five keywords); Introduction with Analysis of the State of the Problems; Material and Methods; Results and Discussion; Conclusions; References.
- The minimal length of a manuscript is 20,000 characters with spaces. The total length of a manuscript should not exceed 40,000 characters including spaces. The Editorial Board reserves the right to publish more extensive manuscripts.
- Figures and tables should be numbered and accompanied by the name(s) of the author(s) or an appropriate reference source. They should be inserted directly into the appropriate place in the text. A reference to each figure and table should be included in the text. Figures must be of high quality and their resolution should be at least 300 dpi. Colored figures are acceptable, but please try printing the manuscript in greyscale to verify that readers of the online version will not miss information from the figures if only monochrome printouts are available.
- Mathematical equations within the text should be written in separate lines, numbered consecutively (numbers within round brackets) on the right-hand side. Greek characters must be written using a non-cursive font while variables must be in italics. Please use either the Microsoft Equation Editor or the MathType add-on in your manuscript to insert equations and/or corresponding symbols into the text. Equations should be editable by the editorial office and not appear in a picture format.
- SI Units (International System of Units) should be used.
- Abbreviations should be defined the first time they appear in the text.
- References should have a range of at least 10-20 positions, covering state of the art and important previous works in the given area of interest on an international scale. References covered by major citation databases are preferred (Scopus, Web of Science). Reference should be prepared as in the template. Each article in the reference list must be cited in the text and vice versa.
- Authors are required to prepare manuscripts employing the template developed by GIS Odyssey Journal.
After acceptance of a manuscript, a scan of the declaration should be required. The first page is filled by the author making the submission, the second by all co-authors.
Also during the submission process, authors are encouraged to provide names of potential reviewers (maximum five) who are experts in the subject area of the article. Please provide detailed contact information (address, homepage, telephone, email address). Suggested reviewers should not be current collaborators of the author's submitted article, or have published with of them. They should be from institutions other than the authors. The Editorial Board has the sole right to decide whether or not the suggested reviewers are selected. Providing the proposed reviewers is possible during the submission of the "Comments for the Editor" box.
Please do not send original submissions or revisions directly to the Editor-in-Chief or Managing Editors. Submissions to GIS Odyssey Journal have to be done by Website.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
The submission file is in Microsoft Word, OpenOffice, or RTF document file format.
The text adheres to the editing and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines. Authors are required to prepare manuscripts based on the GIS Odyssey Journal template.
The manuscript does not contain personal data.
You attach the manuscript (without file properties) and title page (with names, affiliations, sources of funding, acknowledgments and authors' contributions) as two separate files.